[Asterisk-Users] Understanding AgentCallbackLogin

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Feb 24 05:08:07 MST 2004

Hello all,
	I have an application where I am attempting to use Agents and
CallQueues to distribute inbound calls to remote users on cell phones. The
system works quite well, except for one annoying thing that I cannot
figure out. I have read just about everything that I can find about the
function, and I'm still not getting it. I've even read through the source
code.

First, the obligatory config files:

Agents.conf
[agents]
agent => 2165551212,1234,Gregory Boehnlein (Cell)

Queues.conf
[general]
; nothing here
[demo]
member => Agent/2165551212
strategy = ringall
timeout = 30
retry = 10

Extensions.conf
[411-demo]
exten => 411,1,Answer
exten => 411,2,Wait,2
exten => 411,3,SayDigits(411)
exten => 411,4,BackGround(auth-thankyou)
exten => 411,5,Queue(demo)
exten => *6,1,AgentCallbackLogin(@411-demo)
exten => 2165551212,1,Dial(Zap/g1/2165551212)

Pretty simple setup;
1. Agent calls in to a main number and hits "*6" to login.
2. Agent is immediately played the "agent-incorrect" file
3. Agent then does logs in as normal and everything works as planned.

What I am trying to understand is "Why is the agent being greeted with the
'agent-incorrect' message? Is it because the extensions are really nothing
more Dial commands to PSTN devices?

                             KP-216-121-ST