[Serusers] Re: [Asterisk-Users] INFO/DTMF retransmissions in * not absorbed?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Feb 24 01:30:43 MST 2004

Andres,

the normative reference for abrorbing retranmissions is in RFC3261 --
INFO/RFC refers to it by telling "all transaction handling is like
for BYE requests". This is the specific piece of text from RFC3261
which explains why not absorbing retransmissions breaks the spec.

Cheeers, -jiri

17.2.2 Non-INVITE Server Transaction
Once in the "Trying" state, any further request
   retransmissions are discarded. ...