[Asterisk-Users] ATA 186 Registration!!!!

Tim Petlock tim at petlock.net
Mon Feb 23 16:52:58 MST 2004

In your sip.conf file, where you're describing your ata-186, make sure
that your username is the same as the [description] above the phone.

Mine starts out like
[cisco]
type=friend
username=cisco
secret=*****
nat=yes
host=dynamic

My UID0 on the ata-186 is 'cisco' and the password matches the secret in
the sip.conf file.

I couldn't get it to register either until the bit in brackets matched
the username, then it worked fine.  I have both channels of my ata 186
registering as different extensions.

Tim