[Asterisk-Users] Dual Xeon

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Mon Feb 23 13:53:20 MST 2004

reseaux wrote:

>Dear Geert
>        I use * with 1 TE400P on Dual Xeon with 1GByte of RAM HT everyday with
>little
>30 channels load of calls at time, can you give me more info about problem in
>this kind of configuration?
>thanks
>Dimitri

I never did experience problems that could be directly linked to HT.
However, I was told at #asterisk HT would not give much of a performance
gain and can cause problems with sound quality. Also I had a problem
with calls having 3 out of 5 calls no sound while the RTP stream did
build up correctly, this problem went away after disabling HT with my
Xeon proc, but unfortunately I also changed other things in the hardware
configuration so I can not point it to the HT stuff. I'm sure that it
wasn't a configuration error and also that the memory is working
correctly (memtest).

Kind regards,

Geert