[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channem of type 'Zap'

Wim Venneman wim.venneman at skynet.be
Mon Feb 23 13:10:00 MST 2004

Can anyone help me, (after a two day search, also on the mailing list)

I have the following situation:

Asterisk works fine, until I added a FXO card. (Digium)

When I tried to call to the pstn I have the following error

Executing Dial("SIP/Phone2-fc49", "Zap/1/2355") in new stack

NOTIVE[16401]: FILE APP_DIAL.C, LINE 516 (DIAL_EXEC): UNABLE TO CREATE CHANNEL OF TYPE 'ZAP'

 == Everyone is busy at this time

When I start Asterisk I have no error

Only the following isn't right:

ZAP SHOW CHANNELS = No channels

modprobe wcfxo = ok (no errors)

 I have following config.

ZAPATA

[channels]
language=en
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=yes
musiconhold=default channel => 1

ZAPTEL

loadzone = us
defaultzone = us
fxsks = 1

EXTENSION

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/Phone1&SIP/Phone3,20,tr)

[outgoing]
exten => _0X.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1}

IN [SIP]

include => outgoing

I'm don't know what I can change to the config.

Anyone an idea

Thanks,

Wim