[Asterisk-Users] Codec Order / Preference

Regovich, Timothy timothy_regovich at merck.com
Mon Feb 23 12:28:37 MST 2004

Really?
Did you try

disallow=all
Allow=speex
Allow=gsm
Allow=alaw

?

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Eric Wieling
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 2:21 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Codec Order / Preference

You cannot specify the order of codec selection with Asterisk

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 13:03, Daniel Bichara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish my IAX connection negotiates codecs in the following order:
>
> 1) speex
> 2) gsm
> 3) alaw
>
> Is it possible? I tried and I detected * selects gsm prior to speex no
> matter the order I write my iax.conf allow command.
>
> Daniel

For Asterisk PBX related documentation go to
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=documentation and look at the
"Unofficial Links" section also see
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk also see my site at
http://www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/

BTEL Consulting

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.