[Asterisk-Users] asterisk-oh323, new version 0.5.8

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Mon Feb 23 11:40:07 MST 2004

On Monday 23 February 2004 12:56 pm, Khalid Yaseen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in running small busines in telecommunication with
> minimum expenses and investment. Can Windows operating be used for
> this purpose. Thank you all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yaseen

Haha, that's funny!

Unless of course you are serious. Realize that Unix was developed by=20
AT&T and has the type of stability needed to run 24/7 mission critical=20
operations. Windows has not been able to become a viable option in that=20
industry. Those who have tried have gone back to Unix (or Unix like=20
operating systems like Linux and BSD).

Not that you could not have a windows box that is pretty stable, but=20
there's a big investment in time to get close to what Unix does out of=20
the box. And yet, it's not going to be as dependable and maintenance=20
free...

Another note, you replied with a new question into an existing thread.=20
Using windiws you may not see it as it is usually not fully complient.=20
=46or us however, we have thread in progress and then your email comes in=20
with a new subject.

The best way if you have a new subject is to not reply to the list but=20
use new message, this way we don't get all messed up by it.  : )