[Asterisk-Users] About Grandstream ATA-286 and ring voltage

Joshua Roberson twisted at indigent.sytes.net
Mon Feb 23 08:27:11 MST 2004

If my memory serves me correct, typical analog ringing voltage is
between 90 and 95V.  the ATA-286 from grandstream will ring all of my
newer analog phones except for ones with bell ringers, which generally
require at least 75-80V.  You could always build a step-up relay that
would attach and step up the ringing voltage, but then you risk putting
too much strain on the ringing circuit of the ATA.  I'd say don't use
this device for more than anything but a newer style, digital ringing
phone.  Most fax machines look for a ringing voltage spike of about 75V,
IMMSMC.

--------
Josh Roberson
Indigent Networks