[Asterisk-Users] Pingtel Opensource PBX Announcement

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 23 08:07:16 MST 2004

Don Pobanz wrote:

>On Sunday, February 22, 2004 2:04 AM, James H. Thompson
>[SMTP:jht at lj.net] wrote:
>

>>      Other vendors are seeing the benefits of open source:
>>
>>      From: http://www.pingtel.com/a_opensource.jsp
>>
>>      Announcing the emergence of an enterprise-class open source IP
>>      PBX
>>
>>      Tapping into open source
>>
>>      Pingtel's open source business model will prove to be a
>>      fundamentally disruptive force in the
>>$5 billion per year enterprise PBX market. By offering enterprise-
>>class, all SIP-based, open source
>>IP PBX software under a Linux-style subscription license,
>>

>I do not know what 'Linux-style subscription license' means. Is it GPL?
>
>I do know that not all open source is not the same.
>
>--
>Don Pobanz

This is an interesting statement in the press release..

"SIPxchange, the industry’s first open source based enterprise
communications suite, is grounded in the concept that a community of
ideas provides a more fertile ground for innovation, progress and
product development."

I guess they haven't heard of Asterisk.. :)