[Asterisk-Users] 2 questions about ISDN BRI

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Feb 22 11:50:07 MST 2004

Hi!

> I am able to receive calls to Asterisk via BRI, but when I attempt to
> dial out from Asterisk to ISDN I always get
>
>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/1001-3fb0", "Modem/g1:6658218") in new stack
>     -- Called g1:6658218
>     -- Modem[i4l]/ttyI1 is busy
>     -- Hungup 'Modem[i4l]/ttyI1'

Change stripmsd=1 in modem.conf to stripmsd=0.
It might help if you tell us which ISDN card you are using. You should
also move away from i4l and use chan_capi instead once you completed your
initial tests and trials.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+CAPI+Channels

> Is it possible to emulate ISDN NT device with Asterisk and connect
> other ISDN devices directly to Asterisk? If it is, what do I have to do
> to switch Asterisk behavior to NT.

Search this list or look here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+zaphfc
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-zaptelBRI