[Asterisk-Users] Using Festival inside an agi

Tom Knox tom at knox.ws
Sat Feb 21 17:09:01 MST 2004

Hi there,

I am having a problem using festival inside of an agi.  When I use it from
Extensions the voice quality is perfect (or as good as it gets).  When I use
it from an agi the quality is choppy and incomplete.  Also when used from an
agi the task keeps running after I hang up using all the remaining cpu.
Here are code samples from my extensions.conf and from the agi code (written
in C).  Anyone that has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Snippet using festival inside extensions:
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,Festival(This is a test|#)
exten => s,4,Wait(1)
exten => s,5,Hangup

Snippet using festival inside an api:
(line in extensions)
exten => 4047952650,1,agi,agi-c.o
(lines in agi-c.c)
resultcode = agisend("GET DATA DigitranGreeting 5000 4");  // (this works
fine)
agisend("EXEC Festival \",Record,Greeting,message|#\""); // (this is choppy
and incomplete)
agisend("RECORD FILE DigitranGreeting gsm # -1 beep"); // (this works fine)