[Asterisk-Users] Room Monitor

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Fri Feb 20 13:16:20 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:06:50PM -0500, James Golovich wrote:

> To bring this back on topic.  Have you considered leaving a phone with
> the handset off the base, or speakerphone turned on in the room?  Set
> the zap channel to immediate and send it to a special context.  Have
> the s extension send into a meetme that is talker only and then all
> you have to do is dial into the meetme and monitor the call.

No, I hadn't.  These features didn't exist when I first looked into
Asterisk and started messing with it (about 2 years ago or so).  That's
one of the reasons I thought I'd ask here.  I figured someone might have
a viable suggestion.  Right now we've just configured to speaker phones
and call one from the other and mute the listener.  It's working much
better than the monitor (no static, YAY!).

I'd be interested in any pointer you could provide on the above
configuration.

We did try the Radio Shack FM solution and it was marginally better than
the existing baby monitor.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. --Aldous Huxley,
"Proper Studies", 1927