[Asterisk-Users] T1 Ground Start signalling support ?

tony banks tony_banks at rediffmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:44:29 MST 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hello

We are planning to replace OCTEL Voicemail system with the Asterisk Voicemail. We are using Nortel SL 100 switch in our organization.
Following is the architecture we would like to have.

           --------         RS232 for SMDI ?   ---------
           |SL-100 |                           |Asterisk|
           --------      (Ground Start ?)      ---------

Q1. Could you please tell, if "T1 Ground Start" signalling is supported
by the T100P and asterisk ?

Q2. How can we transmit SMDI protocol information between SL-100 and Asterisk. Is there any support for RS232 channel in Asterisk ?.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Tony