[Asterisk-Users] Skinny and SIP

Asterisk Jones asterisk at astroshapes.com
Fri Feb 20 09:22:09 MST 2004

Hi all!!

I just downloaded and started tinkering with * a few days ago.  This
program is unbelievable!!!  I have some neat stuff working, but I have
one problem and a few questions.

The major problem I have is with my Cisco 7910.  I have it registering
with the Skinny protocol, it gets and makes calls just fine.  I also
have a Cisco 7960 using the SIP protocol, and it works REALLY good.  I
can call the 7910 from it and the other way around.

Where I run into trouble is if the 7910 is off hook, if I dial the 7910,
* completely dies with little info as to why.  Here is what displays on
the CLI:

*CLI> Found device: 331
     -- skinny_call(Skinny/331 at 331-1)
Recieved Open Recieve Channel Ack
Segmentation fault
Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

On another matter, I am not getting much useful information on how a
7960 should react to *.  Questions:

Can the message light come on when voicemail is waiting?

The 7960(SIP)doesn't register with * like the 7910(Skinny) does.  Is
this normal?

Digit translation doesn't happen realtime like the 7910 does.  On the
7910, if I dial a 7, it immediately halts because there is no extension
that starts with a 7.  Is this a function of the Dialplan.xml file?

Thanks for any input!!!