[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation

dkwok dkwok at iware.com.au
Fri Feb 20 04:43:59 MST 2004

I had problem with echo on my GS phone and it is now resolved. What
happens was that the order of settings were incorrect in the zapata.conf.

All the echo cancellation settings and other settings to effect on a
particular channel have to be set out before the occurence of the
channel no.

see zapata.conf below:
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[channels]
;
language=en
context=incoming
amaflags=default
cancallforward=yes
callwaiting=no
busydetect=no
callprogress=no
usecallingpres=yes
musiconhold=classic
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
immediate=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
signalling=fxs_ks
callreturn=yes
channel=1

After the change the voice quality of GS is superior I think it is value
for money. I would not spend my money on snom or other phones. I would
consider cisco 7960 is money is not an object though.

--
David Kwok

Iaxtel/FWD # 17001813482 ext 1002