[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 SIP image (off-topic)

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Thu Feb 19 14:16:26 MST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Chris Hirsch wrote:

>Bisker, Scott (7805) wrote:
>
>>Buy SmartNet support for the phone.  That grants you access to software
>>images through their website.  Try Insight.  1-800-INSIGHT.  They sell
>>all quantities.
>>

>Given than I'm interested in getting a Cisco phone off something like
>ebay what does it cost to get an image?

If only there was some way you could check to see if this had been asked
before...

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.digium.com+cisco+smartnet+7960

There are varying stories about the contract.  My personal experience
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-September/020541.html)
was with a used 7960 off of eBay.  The contract cost me $8/yr.  Someone
else had a similar experience
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-December/031401.html).
Others have mentioned various other prices as high as $80
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-December/031240.html).

Apparently, your mileage will vary...

Best of luck,

Steve