[Asterisk-Users] Zombies got me!

Matt Lawson matt at 1control.com
Thu Feb 19 09:38:27 MST 2004

After 2 weeks on bug #981 (Dropped Channels during dual redirect), I
just posted 2 patches and almost have it fixed.  The only problem is,
the patch has a side effect of leaving some zombies.  That is, the
zombie channel that is created during the masquerade process doesn't get
hungup.   If I can get rid of the zombies, it will be 100% done.

Out of 30 retests, I was left with 11 zombies, so it's not all the time.
 I suspect it's 66% of the time when a certain channel/extrachannel
combination is used (11/15 is pretty close).  Interestingly, that
proportion seems to be the complement of the original 33% dropped channels.

I would really appreciate help from someone who can help with this.  Thanks.

- Matt