[Asterisk-Users] X100 => T100 Upgrade

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Feb 19 03:47:15 MST 2004

As you point out, the TE405P and TE410P support 4 spans instead of just one.

They also support both E1 and T1, selected individually by span.

I believe the TE405P and TE410P are able to be a bus-masters instead of
slaves like the 100/400 series.  Although this is touted as resulting in
performance improvements, in load testing I myself noticed minimal
improvement over the E400P.

But on the downside, the TE410P only works with the 3.3 v PCI slots, usually
found on more expensive motherboards.

The new TE405P is like the 410, but works with 5volt slots.  This board is
brand new, so you might consider waiting a bit before buying one, to give
them time to work the bugs out.

Cheers
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel