[Asterisk-Users] Analog Cordless Phone Recommendations

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Wed Feb 18 21:04:16 MST 2004

I've gone out and purchased a Uniden XS916 cordless handset, which has a
CallerID display, although it wasn't really one of my requirements, I
couldn't find one with MWI so I figured CallerID could be useful.

I'm not sure if I've missed something in my * config's, or if I've run into
the CallerID compatibility issues.

Is there something else that needs to be added onto the dial command in
extensions.conf to get the CallerID passed through, or is it all in
Zapata.conf?

My Zapata.conf for channel 2 (FXS) is:

language=en
context=local
signalling=fxo_ks
usercallerid=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
transfer=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
mailbox=503
callerid= "Home" <503>
channel => 2

And the dial plan in extensions.conf for 503 is:

;
; Extension 503 - FXS1 - Cordless Phone

exten => 503,1,Dial(${FXS1},30)
exten => 503,2,Hangup