[Asterisk-Users] Room Monitor

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Wed Feb 18 19:24:00 MST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 10:04:02PM -0800, David Liu wrote:
> > Well use a Polycom IP 500 and put to auto answer and ringer off.  Then you
> > can use it as a room monitor device.
>
> Seems like that could do the trick.  However, I was hoping for a sub
> $200 solution.  Anyone know of a less expensive solution?

If you've got an old PC lying around collecting dust (probably most of us
do!) then you could install asterisk on it, configure it for auto-answer
on the console, and then hook it up to your main asterisk server via
sip/iax/whatever. Maybe best if it's got a quiet power supply fan.. then
again, maybe the baby will appreciate the background noise.

Greg