[Asterisk-Users] Round-robin chan_zap groups...

Rob Fugina robf at geekthing.com
Wed Feb 18 19:21:42 MST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 05:08:52PM -0600, Martin Pycko wrote:
> You can also do R1 to do descending round-robin. Same with G1 and g1.
>
> Martin
>
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Steve Creel wrote:
>
> > I've not seen it documented anywhere, but scrolled past it the other day
> > in chan_zap.c.
> >
> > Apparently you can specify a zap group with an 'r' instead of a 'g' to use
> > the group in round-robin.
> >
> > I looked but didn't find anything in the archives on this, so I figured
> > I'd mention it.

While we're on the subject...  Somewhere in the documentation (I think
it's in the draft v2 handbook) it says that Zap groups act differently if
they're FXS vs. FXO.  Basically, it say's * will take first available when
their call-out (FXO) lines, and * will ring all lines when they're FXS.
I was not seeing the latter behavior.  I had a group defined that
included all of my FXS ports, and when did this for incoming calls,
it rang only one FXS port -- the first available...

exten => s,1,LookupCIDName
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/g2,20,t)

Anybody want to suggest where I look next, or is the handbook referring
to something that hasn't been implemented yet?

Rob

--
Rob Fugina, Systems Guy
robf at geekthing.com -- http://www.geekthing.com

Squirt guns don't soak people, People soak people.