[Asterisk-Users] Memory usage

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Feb 18 16:06:28 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:44, Steve Dolloff wrote:
> Can anyone else share their memory use experiences?

I can remember my first car, my first date, my first girlfriend.... I
remember a few phone numbers, and way too much computer related stuff.
Memory is good for this.

> I am currently running * with about 100 sip.conf entries and 400
> dialplans.  The memory usage starts at around 10M and goes up every
> day.
> After 5 days, it is currently at 90M.

How are you computing the memory usage? My asterisk main switch has been
up over 7 weeks and from crude calculations I know mine isn't using as
much as yours.(248M real ram in use + 3 meg swap, - 53 meg of buffers, -
141 megs of cache leaves a little over 50 megs for applications)