[Asterisk-Users] Cell Phones and Tone Recognition

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Feb 18 06:55:23 MST 2004

> When I dial from a cell phone into asterisk,
> I can press 1, 2, 3 etc to get to the various voicemail boxes and
> menus.. that's fine.
> but when I try 9-1-NXX-NXX-NXXX, i get
>   -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
>
> When I try the same thing from land line, everything works perfect.
> BTW (setup is 2 X100P cards)
>
> Is there any difference between the Cell phone and Land line that would
> make asterisk perform differently?

Not really, at least not in the US. Without seeing the relavent sections
of the zapata.conf and extensions.conf, its only a guess what's going on.

Some thoughts...
- look in the /var/log/asterisk/messages file for any hints
- try some debugging steps that includes variations on:
  exten => _91.,1,Dial,Zap/1/.....
  exten => _91.,102,Playback(/tmp/a-msg)
  exten => _91.,103,Playback(/tmp/a-different-msg)
- ensure your Dial statement is sending you to the correct x100p line. They
  should look something like:
  exten => _5X.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1} ; house line
  exten => _49X.,1,Dial,Zap/2/${EXTEN:1} ; business line
  where EXTEN is the number that you entered from your cell phone.
- modify the following to playback the digits you entered from the cell phone
  ; Read back caller's number
  exten => 3912,1,Wait(1)
  exten => 3912,2,SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM})
  exten => 3912,3,Congestion

Rich