[Asterisk-Users] Double digits seen using Grandstream phones

Rana Dutt rdutt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 07:45:06 MST 2004

My attempts to use voice mail from my Grandstream Budgetone 101 phone always
fail because Asterisk is seeing either double digits or dropped digits, no
matter what dtmfmode setting I try. Here is what happens for each mode:

dtmfmode=info, phone set to send INFO 101: every digit is seen double, e.g.
123 is seen as 112233

dtmfmode=rfc2833, phone set to RFC2833: some digits are doubled in random
places, e.g., 123 is sometimes seen as 1123, sometimes as 1233

dtmfmode=inband, phone set to send in-audio: some digits are dropped, e.g.,
123 becomes 23 or 12

I have upgraded the firmware in my phones to 1.0.4.46 and Asterisk is a CVS
from 2/1/04. The codec in the phones is set to PCMU (ulaw) as first
preference, and the sip.conf has disallow=all followed by allow=ulaw for
each phone. Early dial is turned off.

Can anyone help me? Thanks,

-Ron