[Asterisk-Users] IAXTEL and the registration traffic

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Feb 17 04:47:47 MST 2004

> I have an full-time Internet connection with a limited amount of traffic per
> month included in the subscription.
> What can I do to reduce the registration traffic with IAXTEL which makes
> about 10MB/h?
> There is any way to keep the registration active ( I have a static IP
> address) without the need to register all the time?

Dan,

Sounds like something is not set up correctly or something else is happening.
I just used a sniffer to qualify my connection, and over a 24 minute period
there was a total of 13,379 bytes of traffic (no calls). Analyzing the actual
packets indicates five packets occur every 49.7 seconds, and those packets
(with headers) contained a total of 426 bytes.

If I did the math correctly, that would suggest 10 megabytes of traffic every
13.5 days (not per hour).

Rich