[Asterisk-Users] Analog Cordless Phone Recommendations

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Tue Feb 17 02:13:42 MST 2004

Hi,

From: "Christopher Lee" <chris at datachaos.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 9:59 AM

> Hi all,
>
> I've just added a TDM10B (1port FXS) to my Asterisk box and want to use
this
> extension with a cordless phone.
>
> In particular I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a phone
> that will perhaps be able to detect voicemail waiting on the Asterisk
> server?
>
> I'm guessing I should be able to get asterisk to generate a stuttered dial
> tone when a message is waiting, so it's just a matter of finding such a
> cordless phone that can detect this.

I have a Siemens Gigaset S100 DECT cordless phone connected to an ATA 186.
All the features are functional: MWI, CallerID(both name and number passed
by Asterisk), CallWaiting and so on.
The only thing that does not work (an I thing that some changes in
callerid.c file have to be done) is the CallWaiting CallerID (it displays
just 'Unknown", but you can hear the CallWaiting signal.

I'm very happy overall with this phone.

BR,
Dan