[Asterisk-Users] RFC: Some proposals for the list digests

John S. asterisk at nonserviam.net
Tue Feb 17 00:55:54 MST 2004

In an effort to make the list digests more readable, I'd like to propose
the following suggestions:

  - Strip out everything but the text/plain section in
    multi-part emails.  While I know some people are fans
    of HTML mail, it adds significant bulk to the list
    as it verbosely duplicates content already present
    in the text/plain section.  Plus, it annoys me. :-)

  - Prevent the list signature from being quoted.  In deep
    threads, we run into a recursive signature scenario
    where the last piece of the current reply is the list
    signature repeated n+1 replies deep.

Both of these suggestions would go a long ways towards helping me follow
the threads that take place over multiple digest emails.  Thoughts,
comments, concerns?....

John S.

P.S. Thanks to whatever unsung hero is currently maintaining the list...