[Asterisk-Users] Room Monitor

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Feb 16 18:51:48 MST 2004

Do any of you know of a cost effect device that could be connected to an
Asterisk station port to provide room monitoring?  I'm looking to
replace the wireless baby monitor we currently have, since there is too
much interference between our daughter's room and our room for it to
work effectively.

I've found a few items[1-4] that seem to provide the feature I'm looking for,
but they seem much more expensive than necessary.

Essentially, I'm looking for something that I can assign an extension on
asterisk to and then call from another station to activate monitoring.
Any ideas are welcome.

[1] - http://www.spyandsecuritystore.com/informer.html
[2] - http://shop.store.yahoo.com/spytechagency/11435.html
[3] - http://www.talkingelectronics.com/security/room_devices.html
[4] - http://www.surveillance-spy-cameras.com/room-monitor.htm
--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings