[Asterisk-Users] Analogical FXO vs. BRI dialing speed

Jean-Marc V. Liotier jim at jipo.com
Mon Feb 16 08:31:53 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:23, Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:
> Am Mo, 2004-02-16 um 14.39 schrieb Jean-Marc V. Liotier:
> > When dialing out, will a call be established significantly faster by an
> > ISDN adapter such as an Eicon Diva server compared to an analogical FXO
> > such as Digium's X100P ?
>
> Yes, ISDN uses digital signalling so call setup times on the last mile
> (from your NT1 to the telco switch) are close to 0. Also the callerID on
> incoming calls is available immediately with ISDN (with analog lines you
> usually get it after the first ring).

Thanks for the answer.

I'm once again trying to get a budget approval for a couple of
Grandstream phones and a BRI adapter to set up a small demo to convince
my folks and our customers of Asterisk's potential... Once again the
convincing is hard, but if I get the budget you sure have a buyer for
the quadBRI !