[Asterisk-Users] Pingtel Phones?

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 18:29:29 MST 2004

I have 3 Pingtel phones and have tested them since they were
prototypes.  I have had no lockups or
weird problems with them on Asterisk.  I will says this about them though:
These phones are BIG on features and extensibility through Java at the
cost of quality.  It doesn't
take a lot of work to find that the handsets are noisy and that
non-typical use can easily hose up
he phone.  Also, these phones appear to leak resources which cause them
to need a reboot after
being up for several weeks.  The Cisco 7960 or similar phones are the
most solid SIP phones that I
have worked with.  I plan on selling 2 of my Pingtel's and getting a
couple of the Ciscos.