[Asterisk-Users] Pingtel Phones?

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Mon Feb 16 09:42:22 MST 2004

mgraves at mstvp.com wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>Does anyone here have any experience with pingtel Xpressa hard phones? I am considering buying a couple. Already have Snom200s, but want something with better CTI and full duplex speakerphone.
>
>Michael

Michael,
    I used some Pingtel phones with * and ended up having to scrap
them.  Pingtel assured that they would work with * but when they didn't,
they put it all off on Asterisk.  They also didn't seem to be interested
in getting them to work.  In my opinion they were dishonest with through
the whole deal and I wouldn't recommend doing business with them or
using that phone.  One persistent issue is that the phone would lock up
if you had more that 2 calls even though they said it could handle 11
simultaneous calls.   I talked to at least one other user who had the
same issues.  Everything was fine in the lab, but upon roll out the
phones didn't work right.

Andy