[Asterisk-Users] Wifi Phones

Miguel Cavazos miguel at cavazos.com.mx
Sun Feb 15 05:38:59 MST 2004

Hello list, I was going to buy this weekend a Wisip from
http://www.pulverinnovations.com/, but jeff got out of stock and he wont
have Wisip for the next 3 to 4 weeks. So I start searching for other
wifi phones because I was really upset about it and I found IPC5000 from
http://www.fahdtel.com/sip_phones.htm, I liked so much the pic that I
email the guy and he send me the PDF with all the details you can find
it here http://mike.calle69.net/IPC5000-brochure.PDF, and its almost the
same price as Wisip.

But when I ask if this phone will work with asterisk I got this answer
"We didn't tested on Asteriskt but on IX66, hotsip, Cisoc etc...
However, The IPC5000 should work on other SIP platform without any
problem as it is standard based." I just dont want to spend 290 USD for
a phone that wont work and that no one seems to use here.

So I would like to know if anyone of you guys had try out this model or
seen it working, sorry about the unnesesary traffic to the list, my
question is simple would this work against asterisk???? if anyone knows
any other Wifi phones besides Wisip and Ciscos expensive toy please tell
me.

Miguel Cavazos