[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP-calls and Festival

Lars Fredriksson lars at fredriksson.net
Sat Feb 14 13:59:57 MST 2004

Hi!

I have problems with calls that are coming from a SIP-provider, and where I
want to use Festival to play som text to the caller.

I hear the text if I call from a SIP-extension (I've tried with g.711a/u and
GSM and all three works)
But if I call in to the server through my SIP-provider I wont hear any
Festival-speech (no error output on the console - see in the end of the
mail), if I instead use Background for example I can hear the soundfile.

I think it's very strange - is there anyone that have an idea why I can't
use Festival with the calls coming from my SIP-provider.

This is how it looks on the console - but the caller don't hear anything;
--<SNIP>--
-- Executing Answer("SIP/11292-594f", "") in new stack
-- Executing Festival("SIP/11292-594f", "'Hello'") in new stack
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/festival.conf': Found
== Spawn extension (digisip, 301, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/11292-594f'
--<SNAP>--

Regards, Lars

---
Lars Fredriksson