[Asterisk-Users] CallerID or Noise ?

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Sat Feb 14 05:40:38 MST 2004

As a new member and with less than 2 weeks experience with Asterisk, I allow
myself to ask potential dumb questions...

I am using a TDM400P and a X100P card in a Celeron 2,6 GHz box with 256 MB
memory running RH 8.0 run level 3.

In Denmark we use DTMF style CallerID sent between 1'st and 2'nd ring. Now,
I've removed/diabled all CalledID settings and enabled immediate answer and
this is what I get when my system answers the call *without* the mandatory
"s,Wait,2":

-- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
-- Sent into invalid extension 's' in context 'default' on Zap/1-1
-- Executing Playback("Zap/1-1", "transfer") in new stack
-- Playing 'transfer' (language 'en')

The question is: How do I enable any kind of debug or whatever to see the
information Asterisk don't like (could it be the CallerID data) and can I
capture this information and use it ?

The format of the CallerID is described in ETS 300 659-1 and ETS 300 659-2
if anyone is interested, and can be found here:

http://www.secret100.nm.ru/ets300659.pdf and
http://www.secret100.nm.ru/ets3006590e02.pdf
(I know, weird links, Google found them for me)

Thanks
Soren
--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."