[Asterisk-Users] Easy access to visual busy status and call transfer buttons

Jeff Crews jeff at eoni.com
Fri Feb 13 22:01:15 MST 2004

I want to say thanks for the great posts to this list...I learn something
know about every day reading this list.

Anyway...I have been using * in a test environment for 10 months and really
like it.  I have PRI to the PSTN and SIP to 2 Snoms and 1 Cisco 7960.

I have frequently used AT&T/Lucent/Avaya phone systems such as Definity or
Partner that provide the ability to assign LEDs on individual phones that
allow you to visually see the status of specific extensions to determine if
the extension is on a call, do not disturb, or idle.

If I use * to speak SIP to the phones...such as the Cisco 7960...how do you
provide users with this easy visual way to see the status of an extension?

Further...using a button associated with these busy status indicators makes
transferring calls fast.

I see some people use software on a PC to get this functionality.  It still
seems that there should be a way to do this on a SIP phone.

Am I the only person that thinks these status LEDs are valuable?

Jeff