[Asterisk-Users] Codecs compile error on yellowdog

Jeff Donovan donovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Fri Feb 13 08:07:21 MST 2004

greetings I'm running yellow dog 3.1 compiling Asterisk 0.7.1

during the make process it seems to die at the GSM build.

(summerized)
As build goes' through
must remake `src/add.o'.
entering dirctory `/usr/local/asterisk-0.7.1/codecs/gsm'
gcc -march= -fomit-frame-pointer  -c -DneedFunctionprototypes=1
-funroll-loops -fPIC -DSASR -DNDEBUG  -DWAV49  -I./inc src/add.c
puting child (gsm/lib/libgsm.a)
leave child
put child (arc/add.o)
leave child
cc1: invalid option `arch='
Got SIGCHLD; 1 unreaped children
reaping loosing child
make[1];  *** [src/add.o] error 1
removing child from chain

then it does the same for libgsm.a

make: *** [gsm/lib/libgsm.a] Error 2

I'm thinking that the libgsm is not installed in my distribution can
anyone guide me to on what I need to install to get passed this error?

TIA

--jeff
jeff donovan
basd network operations