[Asterisk-Users] X100P / Echo / ZTMONITOR CAN2,3, etc.

Jeff Stohl bonethebone1 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:48:39 MST 2004

I have a basic x100p setup and several soft and hard phones that work great
until they hit the PSTN. Like a lot of the posts I've seen I've gone through
just about every echo can including mark 2, 3, and the steves with the
aggressive protection on mark 2. I am running the latest CVS source code
that I downloaded late last night, 0.7.2.

My echo is really bad on the dialing out line only, the other user has a
perfect reception. The inside user has just a horrible echo back of their
voice. I've tried various echo canel methods in zapata.conf as well as
regular TX/RX gains. I tried running ztmonitor 1 -v and the ztmonitor RX and
TX charts came up but did not provide any display back so I was unable to
find some better TX/RX. I tried several settings but those didn't help.

I am configuring asterisk as a test system and was very happy with the setup
until I hit the PSTN. I am hoping the T-1 setup will not have the same
issues.

Have I missed any steps in reducing my echo?

Could my X100P card be prone to echo?

Could my line really be this bad (it's not on a regular analog phone)?

Can anyone recommend better echo canceling phones?

I know this is a frequent topic but I truely have read through all of the
past posts from the December echo can upgrade till today.

Thanks,
Jeff