[Asterisk-Users] Anybody going to the Spring VON converence [OT]

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Thu Feb 12 17:42:16 MST 2004

> So here's a dumb question, but what's the VON conference?  I would also be
> interested in talking to others using Asterisk.
>
> Chris

[Steven Sokol] VON is the Voice-Over-the-Network conference put on by Jeff
Pulver from Free World Dialup (FWD).  It is one of several national
conferences related to VoIP.  This year will be my first, so I don't know
exactly what to expect.  I just figured that it would be a good chance to
get a snapshot of the current state of the industry.

My hope is to either rent a room in the hotel or perhaps a nearby restaurant
or bar and get the Asterisk community together for a face-to-face.
Eventually it might be worth having a conference devoted to Asterisk and
things related.  This could be a cool first step.

If you live in the Santa Clara/San Jose area consider it, even if you don't
wind up going to VON.  I'll post the time/place if it works out.

Regards,

Steve