[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1204 sip g/w now working

Christian Hecimovic checimovic at qworks.ca
Wed Feb 11 17:08:25 MST 2004

I've had one of these things working for ages, although I never set it up to
select which port to use on outgoing lines. I overcame the first-digit
stripping by telling the 1204 to prefix outgoing calls not in my area code. I
seem to remember it stripping leading zeroes (as in 011 for international
calls). I should try your undocumented feature.

The other thing I've had troubles with is provisioning it via DHCP. All of the
DHCP key-value pairs are recognised except the one for outgoing proxy. It's
very annoying, and seems to be a firmware bug. So I've configured the gateway
to use a static IP.

Anyway, once set up, it seems to work okay, though it of course suffers from
the same hangup detection problems that afflict all users of loop start.

Thanks for the config tip to manually select outgoing ports; that could be
handy.

Christian