[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 - how to enable "messages" key

Brian Pollack brian at grcemail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:25:04 MST 2004

Paul,  this is how I made it work:

SIPDefault.cnf:messages_uri: "8500"

extensions.conf:exten => 8500,1,VoicemailMain,s${CALLERIDNAME:-3}
extensions.conf:exten => 8500,2,VoicemailMain
extensions.conf:exten => 8500,3,Hangup

Sip.conf for each user I have
callerid=Brian 300 <xxx-xxx-xxxx>
callerid=John 310 <xxx-xxx-xxxx>

I'm sure there is a better way to work with callerid but I use this for
other things as well.
Brian