[Asterisk-Users] Ghost Calls

Brian Pollack brian at grcemail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:02:49 MST 2004

I've recently replaced a small company's Nortel Meridian system with
Asterisk and an Adtran 750.   I've upgraded the adtran to L33 and now L35.
I've read everything I can and still have some issues I would appreciate
some help with.

There is an alarm in the building that appears to be on one of the lines,
although I can't actually find the wires for it.   It's set to use a
separate fax line, and I have set it off to confirm it does.   After hours,
however,  as soon as one normal call comes in, something causes a new call
every minute.   There is never anyone on the line and it falls into the
voicemail with a 6 second call.   I can do "stop now" and restart and
everything is fine until the next valid normal call.   Strangely, no matter
what line is called, that's the line with the "ghosts" on it.

Next, when someone calls in and hangs up the call still rings through to my
timeout event which is the default operator extension.   Her phone rings and
nobdoy is there.   I've been reading that I need something like Remote
Disconnect Supervision but I can't locate it.

TIA,
Brian