[Asterisk-Users] Loading module chan_capi.so failed!

Bodo Hahnke hahnke at gmx.net
Tue Feb 10 21:07:34 MST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I just having my first expierence with Asterisk and after solving the first
little
problem now I am stuck a little. Perhaps anyone can help.

Running Debian/Woody w/ 2.4.18 kernel ... think I have installed all necessary
packages for running Asterisk.

I downloaded the CAPI driver for my FritzCard PnP and installed it. Next I
installed
Asterisk from the cvs repository. And at last I had to get the chan_capi.so
driver
from http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/chan_capi.0.3.1.tar.gz ...
I have
managed to compile the whole stuff without problems or errors. Now when I
try to
start asterisk this is what happens:

asterisk:~# asterisk -vvvc
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
Asterisk CVS-02/10/04-18:37:59, Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Linux Support
Services, Inc.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at linux-support.net>
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/logger.conf': Found
Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
   == Manager registered action Ping
   == Manager registered action Logoff
   == Manager registered action Hangup
   == Manager registered action Status
   == Manager registered action Redirect
   == Manager registered action Originate
   == Manager registered action MailboxStatus
   == Manager registered action Command
   == Manager registered action ExtensionState
   == Manager registered action AbsoluteTimeout
   == Manager registered action MailboxCount
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/rtp.conf': Found
   == RTP Allocating from port range 10000 -> 20000
Asterisk PBX Core Initializing
Registering builtin applications:
  [AbsoluteTimeout]
   == Registered application 'AbsoluteTimeout'
  [Answer]
   == Registered application 'Answer'
  [BackGround]
   == Registered application 'BackGround'
  [Busy]
   == Registered application 'Busy'
  [Congestion]
   == Registered application 'Congestion'
  [DigitTimeout]
   == Registered application 'DigitTimeout'
  [Goto]
   == Registered application 'Goto'
  [GotoIf]
   == Registered application 'GotoIf'
  [GotoIfTime]
   == Registered application 'GotoIfTime'
  [Hangup]
   == Registered application 'Hangup'
  [NoOp]
   == Registered application 'NoOp'
  [Prefix]
   == Registered application 'Prefix'
  [ResetCDR]
   == Registered application 'ResetCDR'
  [ResponseTimeout]
   == Registered application 'ResponseTimeout'
  [Ringing]
   == Registered application 'Ringing'
  [SayNumber]
   == Registered application 'SayNumber'
  [SayDigits]
   == Registered application 'SayDigits'
  [SetAccount]
   == Registered application 'SetAccount'
  [SetGlobalVar]
   == Registered application 'SetGlobalVar'
  [SetLanguage]
   == Registered application 'SetLanguage'
  [SetVar]
   == Registered application 'SetVar'
  [StripMSD]
   == Registered application 'StripMSD'
  [Suffix]
   == Registered application 'Suffix'
  [Wait]
   == Registered application 'Wait'
Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/modules.conf': Found [chan_capi.so]
Feb 11 03:35:57 WARNING[1024]: loader.c:239 ast_load_resource:
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_capi.so: undefined symbol: ast_get_group
Feb 11 03:35:57 WARNING[1024]: loader.c:358 load_modules: Loading module
chan_capi.so failed!

The chan_capi.so failed to load :(  really tried to find the problem, what
does the
ast_get_group undefined symbol mean`? I would be very happy if anyone could
help or give me a hint ... after reading some documentation about asterisk and
installing the FritzCard driver I think that the problem really has
something to do
with the chan_capi.so ... but there is not very much documentation about it
around,
so please help ;))

thanks,

Bodo