[Asterisk-Users] Re: asterisk-grandstream call

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Tue Feb 10 10:11:48 MST 2004

Bill Michaelson <bill at cosi.com> wrote:

>I am trying to muddle my way tthrough getting something - actually
>anything to work - with Asterisk.  I've acquired a Grandstream phone and
>I've got * on a Red Hat 9 box.   I've gotten to a point where I can see
>(via ethereal) that the phone REGISTER's successfully with asterisk, and
>then I try to dial into voicemail.  This is what I observe in the packet
>trace...
>
>GS: INVITE -> *
>*: Status 100 (Trying) -> GS
>*: Status 200 (OK with session description) -> GS

Does the GS then send an ACK?  It should.  If it doesn't then this
probably means that it hasn't received the 200 response. (firewall
issue?)

If it is sending the ACK, then it is probably a codec issue, as has
been already mentioned.  GS doesn't always seem to do very well in
codec selection.

Doug
--
Doug Meredith (doug.meredith at systemguard.com)