[Asterisk-Users] Dialing 800 numbers with VOIP

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 09:54:11 MST 2004

I think the "please try your call again later" part of
the recording is to be taken seriously.

I've tried 800 numbers and failed but I tried re-dial several
times and it worked after a few attempts.  I have no idea how
my call is routed but I'd not be supprized if NuFone, Iconnect
FWD and the like don't just have a small number of POTS analog
lines for the outbound toll free calls and you simply have to
be lucky to call when one of those is available.  It may not be
exactly that but I'll bet there is "n" of something and you are
the "n+1" caller.

What you can do is put backups in the dial plan so if, say FWD
fails you go for the next service in line.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550