[Asterisk-Users] 1.freenum.org. [was: Re: Dialing 800 numbers with VOIP]

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Feb 10 07:50:42 MST 2004

At 1:53 AM -0500 2/10/04, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:

>Kris> On a different note - is something up with the freenum.org enum
>Kris> lookups? ... I've had them fail on all US numbers...
>
>The nameservers for freenum.org. have glue records for 1.freenum.org.
>that point to garthim.fox-den.com. (which is at 204.91.156.2 according
>to those same nameservers).
>
>garthim appears to be down, so no lookup under 1.freenum.org. will work
>right now.
>
>-JimC

The freenum.org server is back and answering correctly.  My
apologies; the authoritative server for these zones found itself
behind a temporarily offline tunnel session.

As this moves from an "alpha/beta" test to more of a production
environment, I will split onto multiple servers (which I have not
done at this point for ease of measurement of query rates.)

If you're wondering what freenum.org is, and what it does, and how
you can use it with Asterisk, see :

   http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg23732.html

JT