[Asterisk-Users] Dialing 800 numbers with VOIP

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Tue Feb 10 07:23:48 MST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Tim Petlock wrote:

> Hm.  After seeing all the people who say it works, I thought - maybe I
> forgot to dial 9 in front of the number and that's why the call failed.
>
> So I looked up the Wells Fargo toll free number again and tried it.
> Failed.  SIT tones and "We're sorry, your call did not go through.  Will
> you please try your call again later?"  The recording has nothing at the
> end that might give some clue who was generating it either.

I just tested Vonage and VoicePulse - both worked fine.

You might want to check to verify that you don't have 1-800 numbers going
out a different service then you expect.  IIRC, when you set up IAXTEL, it
recommends you add lines to handle 1-800 numbers.  So if you do that, and
your IAXTEL connection stops working, you'll lose the ability to dial
1-800 numbers.

I don't have a Nufone account (Jeremy - if you are reading - I would
probably have one if there was a price for a starter package listed on
your site - something for SoHo use, without any deep discounts or
anything, just something to use to play with the service; I have a
personal aversion to bothering with companies who don't list their
prices), so I have no idea if Nufone's 1-800 service works or not.

--
Joel