[Asterisk-Users] Spurious DTMF tones heard by the person being called

Tim Petlock tim at petlock.net
Tue Feb 10 06:25:30 MST 2004

I have one issue - spurious inband DTMF detection results in the caller
hearing the odd burst of DTMF at random.  My calls are going from a
Cisco ATA 186 running Version: v2.16.1 ata18x (Build 030709a) using the
g.711 codec with the AudioMode parameter set to 0x11241124, to a
default-installed Asterisk box (running a recent build of Asterisk - I
did the CVS checkout 2/6 or 2/7) whose only configuration changes were
to add the extension for my ATA and to add the IAX configuration stuff
for Nufone.  Is that enough information for anyone to hazard a guess
where the spurious DTMF is coming from?

My understanding is that 0x11241124 sets up both channels of the ATA to
use out-of-band DTMF and that "should" rule the ATA out as the cause.
Calling a phone number and then making DTMF entries works the way this
is configured and I don't really want to break that either.

Does anyone have any idea where the issue is coming from?

Tim