[Asterisk-Users] X100P + HP DL380

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Mon Feb 9 19:31:10 MST 2004

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this:

I've got an X100P card, and an HP DL380 Gen3 server I want to put
it in.  The server has 2xPCI-X 100 and 1xPCI-X 133 hot-plug slots.
It's my understanding that the PCI-X slots are completely backward-
compatible with standard PCI cards.  However, when I put the X100P
into the server, I get a card power error on bootup, pointing at
whichever slot I have the X100P in.  The card doesn't show up in
/proc/pci at all - it's like it's not there at all.

I've used other standard PCI cards in these machines, so I know
that the PCI slots are OK.  I've got the X100P in another machine
right now, and it's working fine in there, so that card is OK.

I know that the DL380 is a bit overkill for just a single FXO
card - it's actually part of a monitoring system for all of
our systems, plus a few other things, and I need it to be able
to dial out to do notifications.  I've got that part working
on my test machine, but unfortunately, all of the monitoring
stuff is running on the DL380.

Anyone using this machine with the X100P?

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

It sure is Monday... Ain't it a sin
I've gotta work my way thru the week again.
	- Mark Chesnutt..."Sure Is Monday"