[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and fax over ip - concept

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon Feb 9 15:34:25 MST 2004

Hi,

Not so much a hylafax issue, but in order for my software maintenance
requirements and management simplicity I like to keep as much as possible in
one app. Integration with asterisk would simply mean less applications
running on my systems to worry about. Very nice to have in case of large
number of boxes deployed.

> >  Instead of a fax machine, the people could have a scanner
>
> Hmpf... I've always found that to be a very bad replacement
> for an analog fax, at least as soon as you have to deal with
> more than 1 page. Plain old analog fax machines are a very
> well designed devices... ok, for receiving faxes some unified
> messaging or e-mail attachment is fine, on that part I can agree.

True enough.

Florian