[Asterisk-Users] Dial-out and Dial-in modem problems.

Bisker, Scott (7805) sbisker at harvardgrp.com
Mon Feb 9 13:42:07 MST 2004

Has anyone experienced problems with dialup through asterisk.  I'm having some varied success with dial-in and dial-out.

All my analog extensions are connected to * via Adtran 750 FXS channelbanks using FXO_KS signalling.  I have a longdistance T-1 (e&m_w) from sprint and a local T-1 PRI from Verizon.

I'm running Asterisk 0.7.1, Zaptel 0.8.0, and libpri 0.5.1.

The problem that I'm seeing is that active modem connections (in or out) are hanging up randomly.  I have busydetect=yes and busycount=6 on all my non-PRI zap channels.  I have echocancel=128 and echocancelwhenbridged=yes on all of my zap channels.

Tonite, I plan on uncommenting
BUSYDETECT+= -DBUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE
and
CFLAGS+=-DOLD_DSP_ROUTINES

in the asterisk Makefile to see if this resolves the issue.

Has anyone had any experience with dialup problems like this.

Regards,

-sb